Saturday, April 14, 2018

Interesting Subjects from the Readings

For my posting, I decided to use the article "13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married." I found this article very interesting, and it really spoke to me, especially since my brother is going through a rough marriage.

The first point that really stood out to me was on page 1: "Did your parents throw plates, calmly discuss issues, or silently shut down when disagreements arose?" I find this point very interesting, as it is something that even I find important. I believe that if a person's parents fought by throwing plates, then that person would also do the same. I would find this to be very important before getting married because I personally wouldn't want to be with someone who blew up violently or even just shut down when a problem arose, because I would be then questioning what I would do in that situation. I would much rather just discuss things calmly to keep the peace.

Another big question to ask before marriage would be "Will our experiences with our exes help or hinder us" on page 2. This would be a very important thing to ask, as it would distinguish whether or not two people would be able to get past some things that they were dealing with with their exes. For example, they might have gone to a special water park with their ex, and now they don't want to go there. Another would be that maybe their ex had treated them horribly for a long time, and now that is all they know. It would be best for someone to learn from their exes and not be constantly reminded about them or even act the same way their ex acted.

Lastly, another important point was also on Page 2: "Can you deal with me doing things without you?" This is so important to me! If your are getting married, it is important that you aren't "backing" out of your social life completely. You still should be cable to go our with friends or even hang out with your family without your significant other. This could be a controversial subject because some people may think that a couple stays healthy by doing things together, not apart. But I believe that it is important to have some "alone time" because it helps a person relax and calm down without any interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment