Sunday, April 29, 2018

Conflict and Group Roles

Group Oriented Role
I believe my skills are best in the initiator role, as well as the recorder role as well. Personally, I think I am best at  recording information, as I have a hard time jumping into the role of a leader unless I am in a group in person. I am good at writing down information we will need, and keeping it organized.

Maintenance Role
When it comes to the maintenance roles, I believe I am best at the Follower role, as well as the observer/interpreter. I am good at paraphrasing, as well as understanding where my group is coming from and what they are trying to say. I also enjoy being directed to where I need to go. For example, I enjoy it when people request me to do something as it makes me feel like I know for sure what I am supposed to do.

Specific Skill
My top skill would be editing. I love to proofread, as errors jump out at me like a mummy at a Horror House. I call myself a "Grammar Nazi" and I am always quick to fix a mistake. I will automatically do it, too. Even if that job was assigned to someone else, I would still sit down and fix any mistakes I encounter.

Proposed Code of Conduct
I propose that a part of our Code of Conduct shall list that the group members should always treat each other with utmost respect, and not cut anyone down for mistakes.

How do I handle Conflict?
According to the worksheet, my highest ranking was "Accommodate" with 18 points. This is true, because I am always trying to work something out with the other person so that the conflict does not become worse. It this means I have to give something up, then so be it. I want everyone to get along and agree, so an accommodation is very important in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment